What we are fighting for in 2016
1. Passage of the Pennsylvania Fairness Act to end discrimination against the LGBT community in Pennsylvania.
2. An end to conversion or "ex-gay" therapy and its use on all minors in Pennsylvania.
3. Passage of House Bill 304 which would mandate health insurance companies to provide the needed care for our transgender brothers and sisters.
4. Passage of House Bill 99 and 101 which would strengthen anti-bullying laws in Pennsylvania to help protect LGBT youth and provide school officials the tools they need to combat bullying
5. An end to LGBT youth homelessness through promotion of LGBT safe houses and scholarship opportunities for homeless LGBT youth.
6. Election of LGBT-friendly candidates to the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Senate, and the U.S. Congress.
7. Protection of LGBT older adults.
8. A voice for all LGBT people who are otherwise disenfranchised.
9. A call to reduce suicide by LGBT people in Pennsylvania.
Do you run an LGBT-friendly company? Would you like free advertising on our page? We are offering free weblinks from our website to yours on the only Pennsylvania statewide resource of its kind. Looking for a LGBT-friendly company for your next event? If you are planning to get married, need a florist or wedding venue, turn to us for help. Check out our website first.
The Pennsylvania legislature has several pending bills which could dramatically improve the lives of the LGBTQ community. However, our legislators in Harrisburg are very slow to pass the bills and send them to the Governor. Click on the button below to see just some of the pending bills, and to click on the button to find your legislator. Call, email, or write to your legislators and tell them to pass these bills.
Send a message to the Pennsylvania legislature about the Fairness Act. We demand to be treated equally under the law whether lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer. Furthermore, we need protection from discrimination for housing, employment, and all public accommodations. Our lives matter, and we must fight to win our rights. Sign today.