The Pennsylvania Equality Project
stands for the same goals that Marriage Equality for Pennsylvania once
fought. Now that marriage equality is the law in Pennsylvania, PEP
realizes that we have more vital work to finish. Thus, we are fighting
for these reasons:
1. We want an end to legal discrimination against the LGBT community for all public accommodations, including housing, employment, lodging, and all business entities that serve the general public within the Commonwealth.
2. We want to end bigotry and racism for all minority people in Pennsylvania.
3. We want to engage in dialog with local school boards across Pennsylvania to implement programs that support an end to bullying. No student should suffer at the hands of a bully in school. All students deserve a free and appropriate public education that is void of tormenting and taunting.
4. We want to end the use of conversion or "reparative" therapy in Pennsylvania. This discredited fraud must be abandoned in Pennsylvania before any more children suffer at the hands of abusers posing as "therapists."
5. We want to include the LGBT community within Pennsylvania's classes protected by existing hate crime legislation.
6. We will work with other organizations across Pennsylvania that support causes for women, for people of color, and for people who are struggling as a result of poverty.7. We will raise awareness about LGBT youth homelessness. Far too many children are removed from their homes solely for being lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender. -- David
Working for equality for the entire LGBTQ community in PA since 2011.
Home of the Pennsylvania Equality Project
None are equal, until all are equal.
Marriage Equality for PA Inc., PO Box 976, Edinboro, PA 16412-0976