Volunteer for PA Equality Project
What we are fighting for in 2016
1. Passage of the Pennsylvania Fairness Act to end discrimination against the LGBT community in Pennsylvania.
2. An end to conversion or "ex-gay" therapy and its use on all minors in Pennsylvania.
3. Passage of House Bill 304 which would mandate health insurance companies to provide the needed care for our transgender brothers and sisters.
4. Passage of House Bill 99 and 101 which would strengthen anti-bullying laws in Pennsylvania to help protect LGBT youth and provide school officials the tools they need to combat bullying
5. An end to LGBT youth homelessness through promotion of LGBT safe houses and scholarship opportunities for homeless LGBT youth.
6. Election of LGBT-friendly candidates to the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Senate, and the U.S. Congress.
7. Protection of LGBT older adults.
8. A voice for all LGBT people who are otherwise disenfranchised.
9. A call to reduce suicide by LGBT people in Pennsylvania.
Do you run an LGBT-friendly company? Would you like free advertising on our page? We are offering free weblinks from our website to yours on the only Pennsylvania statewide resource of its kind. Looking for a LGBT-friendly company for your next event? If you are planning to get married, need a florist or wedding venue, turn to us for help. Check out our website first.
The Pennsylvania Equality Project has published a web log that chronicles the events of the past four years. Since the inception of this website, I have written my thoughts about various topics including PEP and ME4PA events, marriage equality, bullying, hazing, immigration, and other matters important to the LGBT community. If you would like to add your comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on becoming a guest blogger.
Send a message to the Pennsylvania legislature about the Fairness Act. We demand to be treated equally under the law whether lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer. Furthermore, we need protection from discrimination for housing, employment, and all public accommodations. Our lives matter, and we must fight to win our rights. Sign today.
PEP Recommends for State Office
Josh Shapiro for Attorney General
Joe Torsella for Treasurer
Eugene DePasquale for Auditor General